South Park Summer Fest wants your help to get the word out. Join our festival street team to distribute posters, flyers, and general goodwill across the Rocky Mountain Region. We have some great incentives for street team members including passes to the festival. For more information or to apply check back on the website beginning May 15th 2012.
Day of Volunteers
Help us celebrate our South Park Summerfest and volunteer ! We’re looking for fun, energetic, music and art fans who would be willing to donate a few hours of their time at the 2012 South Park Summer Festival. Organized and managed by Vibrant Culture, Inc, a Colorado non-profit organization, South Park Summer Fest requires several dedicated and responsible people to pull it all together.
Volunteer shifts last 4 – 5 hours and we have shifts a few days before, during and after the Festival. Activities range from checking wristbands, selling drink tickets and gate control.
Volunteer shifts are available during the following hours:
Friday, August 17 (festival set-up: Noon to 5 p.m.)
Saturday, August 18 (3 pm – Midnight)
Sunday, August 19 (11 a.m. – Midnight)
Sunday, August 19 (festival tear-down: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
Volunteers will receive the following:
Official South Park Summerfest Staff t-shirt
FREE ticket for the day you volunteer (Festival set-up volunteers will receive a ticket for Friday. Festival tear-down volunteers will receive a ticket for Saturday.)
Volunteers receive a ticket into the festival for the day of their shift. We will not issue refunds to a volunteer who has already purchased a ticket.
How to sign-up:
Fill out the form below, you can sort by date or opportunity.
Sign-up for 1 shift per day ONLY (maximum of 2 shifts).
Please note any friends/family that you would like to work with and we will try to place you together. They MUST complete the form for the same shift as well.
More information will be emailed as the festival gets closer.
- The last day to cancel a volunteer shift is July 30, 2012. If you cancel your shifts after that time, your credit card will be charged the FULL WEEKEND PRICE.
- South Park Summer Festival reserves the right to ban you from volunteering if you provide false credit card information or you fail to fulfill your work obligations.
- A volunteer t-shirt will be given to you upon check in. It must be worn for all volunteer shifts.
Volunteer Area Descriptions:
ADMISSIONS and WILL CALL:
This area is located in the MAIN FESTIVAL GATE and is where all festival attendees pick up and purchase their tickets and where they enter the festival grounds. Volunteers in this area will perform a variety of duties including:
- Checking for wristbands as festival patrons re-enter the grounds.
- Handing out programs.
- Helping answer basic questions about the festival, general directions
- Providing and setting up assistance for anyone requiring it
Volunteers in this area will assist the various art vendors with daily set up and tear down. They will also sit in for vendors when they need to step out of their booth.
This area is located in the BEER GARDEN and will be one of the busiest areas of the festival. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT ALL PERSONS BEING SERVED ARE 21, all people over 21 WILL BE WRISTBANDED. When in doubt (even with a wristband) card them again. Volunteers in this area will perform a variety of duties including:
- Serving beer ONLY TO THOSE WITH A WRISTBAND.
- Pouring and handing beer off to servers.
- Helping move kegs and cups.
- Keeping the beer garden clean and organized
- Encouraging patrons to use their re-usable plastic cups
This area is located in the BEER GARDEN and will be one of the busiest areas of the festival. At the beer ticket booth you will be selling beer tickets to patrons to use to purchase beer. You will also (before selling tickets) ID AND WRISTBAND ALL PATRONS OVER 21. NO ONE UNDER 21 SHOULD BE IN THIS AREA. If you are in doubt at all (even if they have a wristband) please ID them. You will have a shift manager in both beer tickets and the beer garden to assist you with any questions. Volunteers in this area will perform a variety of duties including:
CHECKING ID's and WRISTBANDING (put it on yourself) ALL OVER 21
- Collecting money from beer tickets
- Selling the official South Park Summer Fest plastic cup (its reusable!)
- Keeping the beer ticket area clean
- Encouraging patrons to use their re-usable plastic cups
This area is located in the CAMPGROUND which is across Hocking Parkway from the festival grounds and parking lot. Your job is to keep the campground going! - - Addressing issues that come up, keeping it organized as it fills up.
- Running the front gate of either the main campground.
- Providing Camping Passes to all who camp
- Taking money and selling campsites to those purchasing them at the festival
- Answering any camping-related questions
- Helping direct RV’s and Cars into the campsite
- Emptying of trash and recycling bins in the campground
- Ensuring all campers have a camping wristband.
Volunteers in this area are sent wherever they are needed most. The “Food Fairy” retrieves food from the food vendors for area Supervisors.
Volunteers in this area answer any questions festival goers may have. They also call the Volunteer Coordinator if an individual requires assistance in getting onto the festival grounds.
Volunteers in this area assist the Ground Control Supervisor in various areas around the South Park Summer Festival Grounds.
This area is located in the MERCHANDISE tent. The merchandise tent will sell cd's, shirts, and anything else from the bands at the festival, South Park Summer Fest (t-shirts) itself. Volunteers in this area will perform a variety of duties including:
- Selling merchandise
- Organizing the table and product
- Setting up/taking down merchandise
- Helping the checking in of items and the checking out to bands
- Answering merchandise questions, working with the public
Your job is crucial to the festival, you will be managing recycling, litter, and grounds throughout the weekend. Volunteers in this area will perform a variety of duties including:
- Emptying recycling bins and trash cans throughout the festival and camping grounds (this will also be done by those volunteers working in camping), recycling goes to the recycling dumpster and trash will go into regular dumpster.
- Sorting recycling out and obvious removal of recycling from trash (gloves provided).
- Litter and grounds patrol throughout festival and camping grounds.
- Cleanup of festival grounds in mornings and throughout day.
This area is located in the VOLUNTEER CHECK-IN BOOTH by the MAIN FESTIVAL GATE and is where all volunteers must check in to receive their wristband and index card of volunteer shifts. The Volunteer Check-In also acts as a volunteer station where volunteers can check on shifts and shift descriptions, get directions, ask questions, or anything else. In addition, all volunteers will bring their completed and signed off shift card to this location, it will then be filed back into their envelope. Bands will also be checking in at this area to receive their packets. Sponsors and VIP's will be checking in here. Duties in this area include:
- Checking in volunteers and giving them the contents of their volunteer envelope (keeping the colored index card in the envelope)
- Putting admission wristbands on volunteers as they check-in, YOU MUST PUT THE WRISTBAND ON YOURSELF.
- Answering any volunteer questions, providing shift descriptions, directions.
- Collecting completed shift cards from volunteers, putting them back into envelope, keeping organized
- Checking in with all areas of the festival to keep track of volunteers and fill needs
- Checking in VIP's